Bertolli Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo is a delicious and convenient frozen meal that combines the authentic flavors of Italian cuisine with the ease of a ready-to-prepare dish.
Perfect for those who want a high-quality Italian meal without spending hours in the kitchen, this meal offers a balance of taste and convenience.
- Quick and easy preparation: Bertolli’s Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo can be cooked in just 14 minutes, making it a convenient and delicious choice for a busy weeknight meal.
- Authentic Italian flavor: Bertolli’s recipe offers a delightful combination of tender chicken, broccoli florets, and creamy Alfredo sauce, delivering a truly satisfying and restaurant-quality dining experience.
- Simple cooking process: With just a deep 12-inch non-stick skillet and a lid, you can effortlessly cook this meal by pouring the contents into the skillet and following the straightforward cooking instructions.
- Ensure thorough cooking: To guarantee a safe and enjoyable dining experience, use a food thermometer to check that the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165° F.
- Versatile and satisfying: The Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo from Bertolli is perfect for those who crave a meaty and creamy Italian dish, offering a taste of Italy in the comfort of your own home.
A taste of Italy at home
As a food enthusiast and busy professional, I am always on the lookout for convenient yet delicious meal options.
So, when I came across Bertolli’s Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo in the frozen aisle at my local grocery store, I was eager to try it out and share my experience with my readers.
Good things about Bertolli Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo
Bertolli Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo boasts an authentic Italian taste with the use of real Roma tomatoes, garlic, and white wine.
The dish is made with quality ingredients such as 100% all-natural chicken and real cream, ensuring a flavorful and satisfying meal.
Preparing the dish requires minimal effort and time, making it an excellent choice for busy individuals.
Furthermore, this meal contains no artificial flavors, which is a definite plus for health-conscious consumers.
One bad thing about Bertolli Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo
Despite its numerous positive attributes, Bertolli Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo does have one downside: it is high in saturated fat, containing 11g per serving.
Consumers who are monitoring their intake of saturated fats should take this into consideration when choosing this meal.
The packaging and preparation
The packaging of Bertolli’s Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo is eye-catching, with vibrant colors and mouth-watering images of the dish that instantly grabbed my attention.
The instructions for preparation were clear and easy to follow.
I appreciated the minimal prep time required – all I had to do was heat it on the stovetop for about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, and voilà, my meal was ready!
The aroma and presentation
As the dish cooked, the aroma of garlic, white wine, and Parmesan cheese filled my kitchen, transporting me to a cozy Italian trattoria.
The fragrant notes of fresh basil and oregano wafted through the air, further enhancing the sense of being in a charming Italian eatery.
The meal looked appetizing, with the creamy Alfredo sauce generously coating the fettuccine, bits of seasoned white meat chicken, and bright green broccoli florets.
The addition of plump, pieces of chicken add a pop of color and a promise of freshness within the dish. As I plated my serving, the steam rose enticingly, revealing the perfect harmony of ingredients, colors, and textures that would soon delight my taste buds.
The simplicity of preparation: Cooking Bertolli’s Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo
With Bertolli’s Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo, you can enjoy a delicious Italian meal that’s both quick and easy to prepare.
In just 14 minutes, using a few simple steps, you’ll have a delightful dish ready to serve. Here’s a step-by-step guide to cooking this meal:
- Gather your tools: To prepare Bertolli’s Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo, you will need a deep 12-inch non-stick skillet with a lid.
- Prep the skillet: Place the skillet on your stove and set the heat to medium-high.
- Empty the contents: Open the bag of Bertolli’s Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo and carefully pour its contents into the skillet, ensuring an even distribution of ingredients.
- Cook the dish: Cover the skillet with a lid and cook for 13 to 14 minutes over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally to ensure that the fettuccine, chicken, and broccoli cook evenly and are well-coated with the Alfredo sauce.
- Check the temperature: Using a food thermometer, ensure that the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit to guarantee that the dish is cooked thoroughly.
- Serve and enjoy: Once the dish is fully cooked, remove the skillet from the heat and let it rest for a minute or two. Then, carefully plate the Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo and enjoy your delicious, restaurant-quality Italian meal in the comfort of your own home.
With the convenience and simplicity of Bertolli’s Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo, you can savor a taste of Italy any night of the week without spending hours in the kitchen.
The taste test
Finally, it was time to dig in! The first bite revealed the authentic Italian flavors I had been craving.
The fettuccine was perfectly cooked, not too soft or too firm. The chicken was tender and juicy, while the broccoli added a nice crunch, complementing the creaminess of the sauce.
The blend of garlic, and white wine created a rich and flavorful base, and the real cream and Parmesan cheese elevated the dish to a truly indulgent experience.
As I twirled the fettuccine around my fork, I couldn’t help but notice the golden hue of the pasta, a testament to its quality and freshness. The aroma wafting from the plate was a symphony of savory scents, with hints of fresh herbs like basil and oregano that transported me straight to a rustic Italian kitchen.
Upon taking that first bite, I was instantly met with the comforting warmth of the velvety Alfredo sauce. The combination of the garlic and white wine provided a delicate balance of acidity, while the sun-drenched Roma tomatoes added a subtle sweetness that harmonized with the dish’s savory elements.
The chicken, succulent and full of flavor, seemed to have absorbed the essence of the herbs and spices used in its preparation. Each piece of chicken was cooked to perfection, retaining a delightful tenderness that melded seamlessly with the creamy sauce.
The broccoli, vibrant green and cooked just enough to retain its crispness, offered not only a delightful textural contrast but also a burst of natural freshness that kept the dish from feeling too heavy.
I couldn’t help but admire the way the Parmesan cheese, generously sprinkled atop the fettuccine, had melted ever so slightly, its nutty and salty notes intensifying the richness of the Alfredo sauce. The real cream, on the other hand, elevated the dish to an unparalleled level of decadence, its velvety smoothness enveloping the palate like a warm embrace.
With each subsequent bite, I found myself diving deeper into an authentic Italian culinary experience, each element of the dish working in harmony to create a symphony of flavors and textures that left me utterly satisfied, yet craving more. It was, without a doubt, a taste test that transported me to the very heart of Italy and left me yearning to explore even more of its delectable treasures.
The nutritional facts
While the taste was undoubtedly satisfying, I must note that this frozen dinner is high in saturated fat, with 11g per serving.
However, I was pleased to find that the meal contained no artificial flavors and was made with quality ingredients, including 100% all-natural chicken and real cream.
|Amount Per Serving
|% Daily Value*
|1 cup (236g)
|Servings Per Container
|Calories From Fat
|Includes Added Sugars
- Sauce: A creamy sauce made with cream, water, white wine, Parmesan cheese, garlic, onions, soybean oil, rendered chicken fat, chicken flavor, Romano cheese, spices, corn starch, and salt.
- Cooked pasta: Pasta cooked in water made from durum wheat semolina.
- Broccoli: Fresh or frozen broccoli.
- Seasoned white meat chicken: Chicken breast with rib meat seasoned with natural flavorings, sugar, olive oil, isolated soy protein, salt, and potato starch.
- Contains: Milk, Soy, Wheat: Allergen information indicating that the dish contains milk, soy, and wheat ingredients.
- Natamycin: A preservative used in the Parmesan cheese to help preserve its quality.
Would I recommend it?
Bertolli’s Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo is an excellent choice for those seeking a convenient yet authentic Italian meal at home.
The taste, aroma, and presentation were impressive for a frozen dinner, and the ease of preparation made it perfect for a busy weeknight or a cozy weekend indulgence.
The high saturated fat content is a downside, but if consumed in moderation, this dish can be a delightful treat for your taste buds.
Would I try it again? Absolutely.
Bertolli’s Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo has earned a spot on my list of go-to frozen meals for those days when I crave a little taste of Italy in the comfort of my own home.
Other interesting articles:
- Marketside Strawberry and Creme Muffins Review: A, Tiny, Creamy and Delicious Treat for Anytime Snacking
- Quaker Chewy Dipps Granola Chocolate Chip Review: A Deliciously Wholesome Snack
- HARIBO Funtastic Mix Review: Your One Opportunity to Try Them All!
- Made Good Granola Minis Chocolate Chips Review: The Wholesome and Delicious Snack You’ll Love